I am so excited to be included in the tour that YA Bound Book Tours organized for, Kiss of the Royal Blog Tour from Entangled Teen. This tour will run from July 2nd to 13th. Make sure to check out the guest post, and tour schedule for more fun content!
Also don’t forget to go to the bottom of this post and enter to win 1 of 2 print copies of the book!
Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: July 3rd 2018
In the war against the Forces of Darkness, the Royals are losing. Princess Ivy is determined to end this centuries-long conflict once and for all, so her new battle partner must succeed where the others failed. Prince Zach’s unparalleled skill with a sword, enhanced by Ivy’s magic Kiss, should make them an unstoppable pair—but try convincing Zach of that.
Prince Zach has spent his life preparing for battle, but he would rather be branded a heretic than use his lips as nothing more than a way to transfer magic. A kiss is a symbol of love, and love is the most powerful weapon they have—but try convincing Ivy of that.
With the fate of their world on the line, the battlefield has become a testing ground, and only one of them can be right. Falling for each other wasn’t part of the plan—but try convincing their hearts of that.
Buy your copy HERE Today!
What inspires your writing the most music, television, or other books?
Actually, I wouldn’t say that one medium inspires me more than the other. I think all my books have been an eclectic mix of various books, songs, and tv shows that I’ve loved over the years. In fact, the majority of my story concepts and worlds can be parsed, each aspect attributed to some kind of creative work.
If you look at my second novel, a manuscript that was ultimately “shelved” because it didn’t sell, you can see where I drew inspiration of its world from an old video game I liked playing as a kid. The story was about a futuristic skateboarder set in a world with a technology that has transformed clean energy and transportation. Because of this skateboard tech, an entire subculture was created from it. Here are a list of pieces that inspired this novel and world:
- Jet Set Radio – The culture built around these futuristic skateboarders were greatly inspired by this video game about gangs using “magnetically driven in-line skates” to paint the town in graffiti. The soundtrack of this game inspired a huge chunk of the aesthetic and theme of my book.
- Case Closed – An old anime from the early 2000’s that is still running today about a high-school detective who gets fed a mysterious poison and his body shrinks to that of a kid! This kid is a modern day Sherlock Holmes using his unique powers of observation to solve crimes. In my story, there is a murder and mystery in the city and my protagonist is greatly based off the character from Case Closed.
- Tony Hawk – What kid from the 2000’s didn’t know Tony Hawk? The entire skateboarding culture greatly inspired this Novel.
With KISS OF THE ROYAL, I had a lot more inspiration from various creative works, many of them fairy tales. The entire premise of the book with kisses as weapons was derived from the concept of true love’s magic kiss in fairy tales. Here’s a run down of all the sources that inspired this book:
- Classic Fairy tales (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Princess and the Frog) – Everyone knows True Love’s Kiss is a thing, but I wondered, what if you removed the “love” part and just had magical kisses? What kind of world would that bring about?
- Snow White & Rose Red – The history of the world in this novel is based off this old fairy tale I really loved when I was younger. I can’t say too much else because spoilers!
- 27 Dresses – The 2007 romantic comedy about a girl who believes in marriage and a jaded cynic who doesn’t believe in love. This relationship dynamic greatly influenced Zach and Ivy’s relationship, except their roles are reversed. Ivy is the logic minded realist while Zach is the hopeless romantic.
- Sailor Moon – The villain of the story is actually based off Sailor Moon’s first nemesis–the Negaverse, who were evil aliens invading the earth. That’s pretty much it. They were full of darkness and evil and it was so wonderfully simple to understand, especially as a kid. Because my concept of magical kisses as weapons was already pretty difficult to grasp, I wanted to keep the villain simple and straightforward.
About the Author
Lindsey Duga developed a deep love for courageous heroes, dastardly villains, and enchanting worlds from the cartoon shows, books, and graphic novels she read as a kid. Drawing inspiration from these fantastical works of fiction, she wrote her first novel in college while she was getting her bachelor’s in Mass Communication from Louisiana State University. By day, Lindsey is an account manager at a digital marketing agency based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. By night, and the wee hours of the morning, she writes both middle grade and young adult. She has a weakness for magic, anything classical, all kinds of mythology, and falls in love with tragic heroes. Other than writing and cuddling with her morkie puppy, Delphi, Lindsey loves catching up on the latest superhero TV show, practicing yoga, and listening (and belting) to her favorite music artists and show tunes. KISS OF THE ROYAL is her YA debut novel.
Blog Tour Schedule
Literary Wisdom – Promo Post
A New Look On Books – Court Playlist
Reading for the Stars and Moon – Review
The Avid Reader – Author Interview
Paperback princess – Character Interview
Dani Reviews Things – Review
Character Madness and Musings – Guest Post – Passion for Mythology
Paulette’s Papers – Promo Post
Up ‘Til Dawn Book Blog – Promo Post
Book Lady’s Reviews – Review
Sinfully Wicked Book Reviews – Review
Margie’s Must Reads – Court Playlist
My Bookish Babblings – Review
Chapters through life – Review
Stacking My Book Shelves! – Promo Post
The Book Girl – Promo Post
Bri’s Book Nook – Review
The Laughing Listener – Review
Bibliobibuli YA – Promo Post
The Cozy Reading Corner – Promo Post
Zili in the Sky – Review
Take Me Away To A Great Read – Promo Post
Books Are The New Black – Review
Confessions of a YA Reader – Review
Mythical Books – Promo Post
My Crea Bookish Kingdom – Review
Angel Leya – Promo Post
The Eater of Books! – Review
Between the bindings – Promo Post
Literary Meanderings – Promo Post
Don’t Judge, Read – Review
The Vagaries of Us – Review
A Backwards Story – Review
The Cursed Books – Review
The Nocturnal Fey – Review
YA/NA Book Divas – Review
Book Briefs – Review
Smada’s Book Smack – Review
Bookworm for Kids – Review
books are love – Review
Books A-Brewin’ – Promo Post
To Be Read – Review
The Page Unbound – Review
(2) winners – print copy of Kiss of the Royal (US only)
Blog Tour Organized by: